- [noun] thick end of the handle
- [noun] a victim of ridicule or pranks
Synonyms: goat, laughingstock, stooge
- [noun] the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonyms: ocks, nates, arse, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
- [noun] sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
- [noun] finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking
Synonyms: cigarette, cigaret, coffin nail, fag
- [noun] a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
- [noun] a large cask (especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons)
- [noun] the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- [verb] lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
Synonyms: border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, against, on
- [verb] to strike, thrust or shove against, often with head or horns; "He butted his sister out of the way"
- [verb] place end to end without overlapping; "The frames must be butted at the joints"