- [noun] an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
Synonyms: ascent, acclivity, rise, raise, upgrade
- [noun] an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
Synonyms: ing, mounting
- [noun] the act of climbing something; "it was a difficult climb to the top"
- [verb] go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
Synonyms: up, mount, go up
- [verb] move with difficulty, by grasping
- [verb] go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
Synonyms: wax, mount, rise
- [verb] slope upward; "The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
- [verb] improve one's social status; "This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
- [verb] increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
Synonyms: rise, go up