- [noun] the specified day of the month; "what is the date today?"
Synonyms: day of the month
- [noun] a particular day specified as the time something will happen; "the date of the election is set by law"
- [noun] a meeting arranged in advance; "she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date"
Synonyms: appointment, engagement
- [noun] a particular but unspecified point in time; "they hoped to get together at an early date"
- [noun] the present; "they are up to date"; "we haven't heard from them to date"
- [noun] a participant in a date; "his date never stopped talking"
- [noun] the particular day, month, or year (usually according to the Gregorian calendar) that an event occurred; "he tried to memorizes all the dates for his history class"
- [noun] sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed
- [verb] go on a date with; "Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart"
- [verb] stamp with a date; "The package is dated November 24"
- [verb] assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of; "Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
- [verb] date regularly; have a steady relationship with; "Did you know that she is seeing an older man?"; "He is dating his former wife again!"
Synonyms: go steady, go out, see
- [verb] provide with a dateline; mark with a date; "She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
dateline, datemark, date-mark
date, date stamp
maturity, maturity date, due date
D-day, 6 June 1944
birthday, natal day
epoch, date of reference